Disability Support Worker
Are you looking for a job where you can make a real difference and kick-start your new or changing career providing disability support? Are you also looking to find a role that offers flexibility so you can work around your lifestyle? If so, this could be the perfect job for you!
About Northside Enterprise Inc
Based in Brookvale on Sydney‘s Northern Beaches, Northside Enterprise has an excellent reputation for providing quality, person-centred programs for adults with developmental disabilities since 1994. We offer innovative, individualised programs focusing on skill development, independent living, employment, social skills and community participation and inclusion.
We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic, innovative people to join our growing team. Our dedicated staff are passionate about supporting adults with developmental disabilities to grow and learn and flourish while working together to create an incredible team.
We are currently looking for part-time or casual Disability Support Workers to join our energetic team. This exciting role is responsible for delivering quality services to people with intellectual and/or multiple disabilities. The successful candidates will be responsible for encouraging independence, skills development and social participation for service users. We have roles available in our day program (shifts are generally between 9am – 3pm, with some earlier and later start times available), as well as casual weekend shifts with our very enjoyable flexible respite program.
- Acquired training and competencies in implementing person centred services for people with intellectual and/or multiple disabilities;
- Experience providing active support and positive behaviour support;
- Good verbal and written communication skills; and
- A reliable and motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of NDIS Practice Standards and Disability Services Standards; and
- Certificate III In Disability Work or other tertiary qualifications relevant to supporting or training people with disabilities.
- Valid Driver’s license;
- Covid vaccinations as per NSW Health legislations;
- Current NDIS worker screening check (or the ability to obtain one); and
- A valid first aid certificate (or willingness to obtain).
Our organisation offers a fun, supportive and collaborative working environment. In addition to this, we also offer:
- Competitive salary package;
- FBT benefits for our permanent staff;
- Generous staff development training, including a 2-week paid induction;
- Career development opportunities;
- 5 extra personal leave days per year (pro-rated for our part-time, permanent staff); and
- Flexible work opportunities.
To take the first step towards a career at Northside, please contact our HR Advisor, Rebecca Millner on 9905 5377 or email email@example.com