To be eligible for these programs and services the person must:
- Have an intellectual disability and/or multiple disabilities
- Be approved by ADHC (Ageing, Disability & Home Care) for funding – either Community Participation or Transition to Work for new “school leavers”
- Have already attended ADHC funded services elsewhere and wishes to transfer to our services
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Live in Pittwater, Warringah, Manly, Mosman or Lower North Shore areas of Sydney
Services funded from funds received from ADHC, charitable fundraising, community organizations support grants from local Councils, community development and support donations from local Clubs (Clubs NSW) and individuals. As a charitable organisation striving always to enrich and enhance the lives of people with disabilities Northside Enterprise Inc. relies on charitable donations and community grants in order to be able to provide these Out-of-Hours services that are so important to the fabric of our society and community living.
In our Community Development program we work at contributing significantly to the process of increasing general community awareness of the needs of people with disabilities and the rich contribution they make to the fabric of life. We undertake research and community surveys within the general community with view to increasing opportunities for people with disabilities to take part and play valued roles in our society.